I´m a former guide from pantanal and I´m now operating tours into the swamps for over 25 years.
I´m a native from Corumbá and I always look for the best spot to bring my clients and I make sure to enforce our guides to do the upmost to provide a very good experience to the visitors while visiting the Southern Pantanal wiith Pantanal Discovery.
With over 25 years of experience with sending tours into the Pantanal. We have worked with such television studies as Tros TV from Holand, BBC from London, and Fuji & NHK from Japan.
SMH (Australian newspaper) The Sunday Star (South africa) I´m also recommended in a number of guide books for South America, including Lonely Planet Brazil, Lonely Planet on a shooe string, Petit Futé, and many others, so you know you’re going with a reliable company. My company operates tours from the center of the Pantanal in one of the best areas for spotting wildlife. The wetlands surrounding our lodge are home to a variety of mammals and birds, including: Jacaré alligators, Capibaras, armadillos, and Jaguars. have a great experience with us in the pantanal.
Welcome to one of the unique region to spot pure nature in the world, the SOUTHERN PANTANAL & BONITO.
PS. Coming from Foz do Iguassu to the Southern Pantanal, we recommend you to come to Campo Grande first where we have our company and here we can give great discounts and also great tips how to save money while visiting other attractions such as Bonito and Corumbá.
- Wij hebben via Gil een driedaagse tour geboekt naar Pantanal. Het was echt fantastisch. We verbleven op de paardenranch: São João farm. Vanaf hier hebben wij meerdere excursies gedaan. We hadden een hele fijne Engels sprekende gids die veel uitleg heeft gegeven over de Pantanal. Alles was perfect geregeld: vervoer, eten, verschillende activiteiten etc. Wij vonden het ook lekker dat onze groep klein was (in totaal uit vier mensen). Kleine tip: Neem (heel veel) antimuggenspul mee!
Fantastisch São João Farm.
- Gil is a great guy, very professional and willing to help. He helped us a lot to plan and to organize our 4 day tour to Pantanal. Everything was just as we expected . The transportation to Pantal and back was on time, the lodge we stayed in was great. Gill is a very easy to communicate and speaks good English. He explained everything before our arrival and helped us to plan our trip. You can definitely trust him in planning your next trip to Pantanal!
Alex Tsvang my experience with Pantanal Discovery
- Jeg var med min kone og børn på 9 og 12 år i Pantanal i 3 dage. Fantastisk. At se alle de dyr som man kun håbede på var muligt at se. Vi så mange tucaner og araer. Man kunne komme helt tæt på araerne og guiden Pedro som tog os med på alle ture var meget vidende, sød og professionel. Maden var hjemmelavet og i top. Vores velkomst af Gilberto var meget professionel og der var lagt meget arbejde i at vi skulle have det godt. Fantastisk, tryg men også rå oplevelse. Hav en god myggebalsam med, solhatte og lange bukser. Bedste anbefalinger fra familien McLean Winberg���
Familien MacLean Winberg
- Een safari van 4 dagen gedaan, dit is zeker een aanbeveling omdat alle verschillende tours een andere kijk geven op de pantanal, de prachtige natuur en dieren. De paardentocht was het gaafste! De Lodge is geweldig gelegen, alles is super schoon en netjes. Personeel heel vriendelijk en behulpzaam. Wij hebben een dieet (gluten en lactose vrij) en men deed de uiterste best om voor ons eten te bereiden, zelfs apart brood voor ons bakken. We hadden deze safari geboekt via Pantanal Discovery, ook hier uiterst tevreden over! Via de mail alles geregeld met Gil, hij reageert super snel en vriendelijk, een oplossing voor al mijn vragen en hij denkt mee. Hij had een scherpe prijs voor ons gemaakt, tranfsport perfect en stipt geregeld en toen ik aangaf dat we daarna door naar Foz d'iguazu wilden, regelde hij meteen tickets voor de nachtbus waar we keurig werden afgezet en door de chauffeur geholpen bij het locket. Dit alles zonder enige cent extra te regelen dus onze ervaring; top! Summery in English: great Lodge with the best staff! We arranged it all with Pantanal Discovery and it's the best agency I've ever had! Gil helped us with everything, he is quick in responding on email and he arranged a good price! Cheaper than booking in other places and we asked 3 others.
- WARNING: The office of Pantanal Discovery is not at Nacional Hotel anymore, don't even go there. It's now at Mohave Hotel at Afonso Pena AV. N° 602. I'm just warning travelers arriving at the bus terminal in Campo Grande: There will be touts, taking advantages of our tiring arrival at the bus station, pretending to be representative from Pantanal Discovery, just ignore them and call or WhatsApp Gil 55-67-99163-3518 Our tour in Pantanal with Pantanal Discovery was outstanding! line and Emil from Denmark.
Warning upon arrival in Campo Grande
- Where to start with such a wonderful experience! I chose to take the tour with Pantanal Discovery because I had heard amazing things about their tour and it was the most reasonably priced. I was not disappointed! I arrived into campo grande bus terminal (2 hours late) to be collected by the very patiently waiting Gus, who had a sign with my name so it was really easy to find him. I had been quite ill and he took me to the hospital and helped me above and beyond the call of duty, taking me also to the bank, pharmacy and acted as a translator for me. I was really impressed with the first nights accommodation. It was such a nice change to have a private room! The hotel was really clean, had air con and the staff were really friendly. The breakfast the next day was really impressive it was a fully comprehensive continental breakfast with all the trimmings. All of which felt great for the price. (I grabbed a couple of the sandwiches for lunch too!) Gus and Gil talked though the details of the tour with me and very attentively helped me onto the transfer. The journey into the Pantanal was about four hours with a stop for lunch and the transport was nice with air con. We arrived at the accommodation and again I was pleasantly surprised with how nice it was! The hotel is right on the water which is really beautiful and the facilities were great. Including a swimming pool, bar and restaurant with wifi and the dormitories were clean and tidy. Once we checked in we were launched straight into our first activity, piranha fishing! I caught three! In the evening we went on a night time boat trip on the hunt for Cayman and saw loads! The second day we took a four hour boat ride and saw so many Cayman, capybaras, otters and hundreds of different birds. In the evening we went kayaking at sunset which was so beautiful and we saw and heard loads of howler monkeys! On the third day we went on safari and went hiking. Again we saw loads of Cayman and lots of different birds including the red and blue macaws! The fourth and final day we went horseback riding though land and wetland. We took a really gentle pace and it was such a nice angle to see all of the incredible wildlife that the pantanal has to offer. I was so impressed with the accommodation at the jungle lodge the room was really nice and comfy and the food was amazing! We had buffet breakfasts, lunches and dinners so there was no worry of going hungry! One thing that I know we couldn't have got anywhere else was the high quality of the guides they have at the lodge. They were so knowledgable and really made the whole experience magical! I am so glad that I booked the tour with Pantanal Discovery, with Gil and Gus. We had heard horror stories of dodgy touts at the Campo Grande bus terminal selling tours that either aren't ecological or are no where near the same standard as Pantanal Discovery. I had also heard of touts pretending to be representative from Pantanal Discovery tour so make sure you avoid these and book directly with Gil or Gus! Finally, I really felt that Pantanal Discovery gave me their full support. Whether it be a trip to the hospital or a free airport transfer they looked after me from beginning to the end at no extra cost. In fact they were much better value than some of the other tours that were being offered! Thank you so much Gus and Gil!!
Such a magical experience
- Tour to pantanal Data: 02/01/2016 23h11min43s UTC Hi Gil, Thank you so much for the amazing Christmas dinner at your house and for your hospitality. We had an amazing time in the pantanal, saw lots of animals and met fantastic people. Thank you so much! Best regards from Foz de Iguacu! Stella & Alex Sent from my iPhone
- Dear Gil and thewhole crew, we had a wonderful time in the pantanal. The place was great, the food fab & our guide, Sandro, excellent. Thank you so much for all your help, when we arrived & also on the way back looking our onward air tickets. our saviour in portuguese. I will definitely recommend pantanal Discovery tours to all my frieds coming to South America. It´s one of the nicest place to visit in Brazi!l Thanks so much.
Caroline & Michael (Melbourne Australia)
- Our trip to the Pantanal was a truly unforgettable experience. We managed to see 4 jaguars in one day which was extremely lucky. The tour was arranged without a problem by Gil who was kind enough to alter the itinerary according to our needs. The guide Sandro was very friendly and experienced and were very knowledgable. The food was great and vegetarian food is very wellcome. The Panatanal is a must do in Brazil - simply amazing!!!
- Als deutsche Reiseveranstalter waren wir lange auf der Suche nach der richtigen Agentur für unsere Pananal-Tour. Nach vielen Erfahrungen, Erlebnissen, Abenteuern mit vielen verschiedenen Menschen in der Pantanal-Region sind wir, seit vegangenem Jahr, mit Pantanal-Discovery unterwegs. - Bis jetzt gibt es keinen Grund wieder zu einer anderen Agentur überzuwechseln. Wir sind zehr zufrieden - weiter so!!! 02/2016
Michael und Jorge